How to keep coffee fresh
It is not possible to have a delicious coffee that is not fresh. Whether in the form of seeds or ground, it will break down shortly after roasting. If you want to extend the life of the roasted coffee a little longer, you need to know the right storage conditions. If you use these techniques you can keep your coffee fresh.
To extend the life of it, you must store the coffee in special cups; these containers should: keep away light, humidity and air as much as possible. The coffee package you buy must be consumed between 10 and 15 days after unpacking. During this time, coffee should be stored in a cool, air-free environment.
If you use more than 15 days, it would be wiser to hide it in the freezer, in a small storehouse. Once it has been removed from the freezer, it should not be put back. Because the accumulated moisture will ruin the taste of the it. The contact of coffee with air will accelerate its deterioration. The life of unground coffee beans is longer than that of ground ones because beans are more resistant to the air. If you want to get the best taste of a coffee, it is wise to grind them before you make. If you don’t know some words about coffee, visit coffee glossary page.
Tips you should know when you make your own coffee
-it is very important to grind it right before preparing.
– should not reach the boiling point when it is being made.
– just make as much as you want to drink. Warming the cold coffee will ruin the taste of it.
– nearly 99 percent of coffee is made up of water. That’s why the water used in making is very important in terms of taste. Using cold drinking water makes taste better.
– do not make another coffee with used coffee again.
– the beans should be milled in the form suitable for your coffee maker machine. Grinding to a very small size, brings the taste of bitterness to the taste. Or it could cause leaks in your coffee making machine. It can also cause machine blockage. Grinding too thick will cause to become juicy.
– ideal ratio; Add 10 gr of coffee to a cup of water, use this rate no matter what kind of coffee you have. If you want a soft sweet coffee then you can add some hot water.
– It starts to cool after 20 minutes and should be drunk during this time. You can use a thermos if you want to keep in hot condition for a longer time.